Senior Learning Designer | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| HR Learning Designer.docx (Word, 72KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
Vacancy: Senior Learning Designer (Assessment)
Location: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
Term: 2 years fixed term
Applications Close: Friday 26th April
Salary: Range $80 – $90k
If your focus is on designing integrated assessment solutions to measure job performance this could be the job for you!
We're looking for a senior L&D assessment specialist who thrives on challenges and would relish the opportunity to create a new learning and work competence assessment framework to enhance the performance of the Ministry's critical frontline functions. You will be working with a dynamic team focused on delivering learning and performance solutions for the Ministry's diverse business areas.
You will be someone who:
- is experienced in assessing vocational training and learning
- is able to design and create online assessment tools that support workforce development
- would love to work in an organisation where learning and job performance is valued, supported and measured.
Your work programme will include:
Designing and developing a frontline workforce competence assessment and reporting framework. The framework will:
- be developed in conjunction with business owners and L&D colleagues
- align and contribute to existing competencies and courses for this workforce
- track, record and report on workforce competence progress
- include moderation requirements and processes
- incorporate qualifications from the NZQA framework, as appropriate
- reflect international best practice standards (where they exist).
Design processes, assessments and templates to implement the assessment and reporting framework. The process documents will:
- be built within our Totara-based learning management system
- use innovative approaches for workplace assessment including digital solutions
- use evidence-based principles to ensure fair, valid and reliable assessment
- be used to integrate assessment into frontline workforce learning programmes.
Implement change by coaching and mentoring our on-job assessors and moderators to make good assessment decisions as they use the assessment templates that you have developed.
Establish effective monitoring systems and processes for quality assurance:
- evaluate the assessment framework and undertake quality improvement cycles
- use co-design principles to ensure that stakeholder needs are met
- ensure that effective feedback processes are in place
- keep abreast of the latest trends in assessment design.
We are open to new ways of doing things, working flexibly and have a diverse and exciting team working throughout New Zealand. This new position requires a can-do attitude and the ability to work both autonomously and to be networked with the wider team.
If the idea of creating robust a competence assessment framework appeals to you, apply today and make a difference to an important workforce that serves New Zealand every day!
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday, 26th April 2019.
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.