Senior / Policy Analyst - Market Insights | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior and Policy Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 323KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
- Do you come from a strategy, policy, market research or other similar background?
- Work on complex strategic policy issues
- Work within a dynamic team that has a particular focus on export success
The Ministry for Primary Industries is responsible for enhancing New Zealand's primary production sectors, safeguarding our resources and animal welfare, and securing market access for our products. Our work is essential to building and maintaining New Zealand's reputation as a producer of safe and high quality food and other primary products.
Within MPI's Policy and Trade branch, Agriculture, Marine and Plant Policy is responsible for the legislative and regulatory settings that balance cooperation and competition in the primary industries. We also work on economic, consumer market and cross-sector strategic issues to support MPI's strategic goal of sustainably growing the value of New Zealand's primary sector exports.
About our team
Our team, Sectors Strategic Policy, provides thought leadership on a range of cross-sector issues, with a particular focus on export success and improving the connections between changing consumer demands and New Zealand's production base. The kinds of questions we grapple with include:
- What risks and opportunities are created by growing international consumer demand for detailed information on how food is produced, and who should this kind of information come from?
- What foods should New Zealand produce to benefit from changing dietary trends in newly developed countries?
- How can the government help the primary sectors to meet growing expectations to reduce waste and environmental impact?
- How does online selling of fresh food change the way supply chains are managed?
- How can the primary sectors organise themselves to address shared challenges and what kind of leadership is required?
What we are looking for
We need a smart and enthusiastic policy analyst who is able to contribute to our work on complex strategic policy issues. To be successful in this role you need:
- Ability to identify, articulate and clearly communicate core elements of an issue or proposal, ideally from both quantitative and qualitative skillsets;
- Broad perspective and ability to make creative and informed connections between commercial, environmental and social issues;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage and collaborate with a wide range of people;
- Understanding of government policy processes; and
- Ability to manage your effort to deliver work to a high standard and on time, both independently and with the support of others.
If you like to be busy, have good judgement, show initiative and come from a strategy, policy, market research or other similar background we want to hear from you.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Katrina Minx, Senior Recruitment Adviser on (04) 831 4908 or email@example.com.
Applications close: 26 April 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.