Senior Policy Analyst/Policy Analyst- Market Insights | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior and Policy Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 323KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-May-2019|
- Would you like to be a strategic partner working on defining new opportunities and risks to our primary sectors in export markets?
- Do you want to assist New Zealand primary sector businesses identifying and developing opportunities to innovate and capture greater value?
- Are you interested in understanding export successes, developing new strategies, at times challenging thinking and using supporting data and evidence to influence decision makers?
- Are you driven and curious, while looking to make your mark in a major organisation?
The Ministry for Primary Industries is responsible for enhancing New Zealand's primary production sectors, safeguarding our resources and animal welfare, and securing market access for our products. Our work is essential to building and maintaining New Zealand's reputation as a producer of safe and high quality food and other primary products.
Within MPI's Policy and Trade branch, Agriculture, Marine & Plant (AMP) Policy Directorate is responsible for the legislative and regulatory settings to enable primary industries by balancing cooperation and competition. Within the AMP directorate, the Economic Intelligence Unit works on economic, consumer market and cross-sector strategic issues to support MPI's strategic goal of sustainably growing the value of New Zealand's primary sector exports.
About our team
Market Insights is part of MPI's Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) and we are pushing the limits of what is capable, with innovative market intelligence capabilities and data sets. We are partnering and enabling New Zealand primary sector exporters, informing sector and government decision-making, and enabling conversations between producers, retailers, and distributors. We are an exciting, vibrant and fast-moving place to work and we are looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment.
We are seeking a smart, curious, and enthusiastic analyst who is able to keen to tackle big questions around consumer drivers, identify and articulate opportunities in New Zealand's export markets, and model complex strategic issues. We are seeking a self-starter who will challenge conventional thinking and use their quantitative and analytical skills to harvest consumer and market insights to inform policy making. This is an exciting position, and offer the opportunity to really make an impact while carving out your own space. Find out more about the EIU team here:
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is:
- Tertiary qualified ideally with a degree in marketing, commerce or accounting, engineering or a similar field (e.g. economics, mathematics or operations research);
- A self-starter who is comfortable in drawing insights from quantitative and qualitative information, is sharp with numbers and can quickly distil loads of information into relevant, narrative-rich commercially-savvy recommendations;
- Keen to further their existing skills in in terms of consumer surveys, market research, data models/analysis and report writing;
- Someone with great people skills, who likes working with and talking to people of all types of backgrounds and seniority;
- An ability to think about an issue from all angles and explore options which could drive a strategy or business case; and,
- Creative thinking with a focus on process improvement.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Katrina Minx on 04 8321 4908 or email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday 8th May 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.