Information Security Adviser | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Information Security Adviser.pdf (PDF, 174KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
We are looking for an Information Security Adviser to join us on a permanent basis.
This role is responsible for supporting the information security assurance and awareness activities on behalf of MPI under the guidance of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The role plays an important part in providing assurance and advice to ensure a safe and secure Information Technology environment for MPI.
The key responsibilities in this role will be:
- support the development of internal information security standards, guidelines and policies
- provide advice and support for information security practices across the organisation
- support key organisational information security practices (such as Detect and Respond, Secure by Design, and Certification and Accreditation)
- undertake information security assurance monitoring and reporting
- monitor and provide advice on information security threats and risks
- support the Service Desk and Security Operations Centre in responding to information security incidents
- promote information security awareness to create and support a ‘security aware culture'
- communicate effectively and build collaborative working relationships with people at all levels.
You will need to be agile, adaptable and quick to pick things up. We need you to have a can do attitude, be a team player, strong on systems and processes, pragmatic and able to deal with ambiguity.
Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen! MPI also provides a range of services to ensure New Zealand is protected from biological risk and that the food New Zealand businesses produce is safe and suitable for us all to consume. MPI's services ensure that New Zealand's natural resources are sustainable while enabling the primary sector to innovate and grow the value of its exports. Our overall ambition is for New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. Join us to help this ambition become a reality.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options. You must also be able to obtain an NZ Government security clearance at the CONFIDENTIAL level.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Sunday 28 April 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.