Senior Business Partner | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2019|
Senior Business Partner – Te Uru Rākau - Permanent position based in Wellington
- Are you considered to be a people person, empathetic, resilient in nature?
- Do you seek to delight the customer?
- Can you switch between tactical and strategic contexts?
- Have exceptional relationship management skills?
The Senior Business Partner (SBP) within Business Technology & Information Services (BT&IS) has the overall responsibility to serve as the interface with an assigned portfolio (Te Uru Rākau and associated business units) for the purpose of understanding their priorities, supporting their strategy, facilitating solution discovery, and building a strong and trusted relationship. The SBP is proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They are, by nature, driven and provide significant value to their portfolio.
The SBP will communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding portfolio requests, product roadmaps, projects and initiatives. They proactively share knowledge of risks and opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of their portfolio. Partnering with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritise initiatives.
This is a great opportunity to get across some amazing initiatives supporting a sustainable forestry by adding value to the 1 Billion Tree programme and many more.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and is the bridge between the portfolio and BT&IS.
- Be proactive and anticipatory in business needs in an effort to provide significant value to portfolio.
- Own the voice of the customer and work across portfolios to help identify common needs and goals
- Provides advice and guidance to key business stakeholders and works with them to understand the portfolio priorities and how they relate to the overall strategic direction of MPI.
- Assist with articulating and defining businesses process improvements that need a digital solution
- Promote services, capabilities and provide support in delivering digital products that meet the needs of the business.
- Facilitate the investment process and the high level planning and execution of business initiatives.
- Contribute to the co-ordination and development of business cases, project briefs, project initiation document (PID) and work packages, coordinating the approval process within BT&IS and ensuring all relevant teams have been fully consulted.
- Solid knowledge of business engagement in IT
- Experience with guiding team(s) responsible in strategic planning, business development or client management and working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units.
- Strong business acumen and a track record of successfully engaging with senior level management, business owners and executives
- Demonstrated capability to deliver high quality strategic business and technology planning artefacts that seamlessly integrate business demand and IT supply.
- A proven track record in managing the delivery of business solutions in a service orientated organisation and a demonstrable commitment to excellent customer service
- Business Requirement Analysis and Facilitation Skills
- Ability to quickly acquire a deep understanding of the nuances of the business, to time engagement right, influence thinking and communicate complex and technical concepts to different audiences.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- A flexible approach and responsiveness to new ideas and activities, demonstrated by Ability to apply abstract concepts in innovative ways to solve business and technology problems
- Willingness to take on new challenges, roles and responsibilities.
- Expertise in bringing people with opposing views together, and steering conversations towards pragmatic solutions and a win: win outcome, applied at the most senior levels of the organisation
Keys to Success
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal savvy
- Navigating complexity
- Communicating with influence
- Technical and specialist learning
How / why to apply?
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To view the position description and apply for the role, please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications are to be submitted online through the recruitment portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Ruth Greening, Recruitment Adviser on email@example.com.
Applications close: Tuesday 23 April 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.