Team Manager Compliance Support Unit | Wellington - Petone
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| L5 Team Manager Compliance Support Unit JD.pdf (PDF, 466KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
Team Manager Compliance Support Unit based in Petone
- Play an integral role in the MPI Investigation Services leadership team
- Permanent full time position based in Wellington
- Help MPI achieve our national compliance and enforcement goals
This rare opportunity exists for an all-round, vastly experienced compliance professional with exceptional leadership skills to support our on-going goal to manage and build our compliance and enforcement capability across the organisation so that New Zealanders can have confidence in the effectiveness and integrity of the primary production sector regulatory framework.
The Compliance Services Directorate within the Operations Branch is accountable for ensuring optimal compliance across all of MPI's systems and is responsible for the delivery of compliance and enforcement services across animal welfare, biosecurity, fisheries, food safety, forestry and all other legislation administered by MPI.
As the Team Manager Compliance Support Unit, you will play a key role in ensuring that MPI is achieving its vision, by leading and managing effective specialist investigations which complement the range of compliance and enforcement interventions used for all legislation administered by MPI.
To be progress further in this recruitment process, you will be able to provide proof of having:
- Significant experience in leading and managing large complex criminal investigations and case files
- Experience in covert investigations
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills and techniques
- Experience in digital forensics will be advantageous
- Team management experience; producing plans, providing performance measures and reporting, continuous growth and learning opportunities across teams
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or regulatory or compliance enforcement experience
- Significant knowledge and experience of operational risk management, analysis, mitigation and OPSEC processes
- Strong knowledge of NZ Law and NZ court system.
You will play a key role in managing compliance resources both efficiently and effectively through implementation with adherence to MPI policy and procedures.
Please note: you must be a NZ resident or citizen to be able to progress further with this opportunity.
If you meet the above criteria and you would like to submit your interest please apply by clicking the appropriate link and submitting your updated CV and relevant cover letter to support your application.
For further information on this role, refer to the attached job description on MPI's careers page. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process email Elvis.Madar@mpi.govt.nz.
Applications close on Sunday 28 April 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.