Senior Advisor/Specialist Advisor or Market Access Counsellor | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Market Access Counsellor PD.docx (Word, 80KB)
Senior Adviser Market Access.docx (Word, 213KB)
Specialist Adviser Market Access PD.docx (Word, 83KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-May-2019|
- Are you looking for a role with growth opportunities and an international focus?
- Would you like to utilise your technical background to open trade opportunities?
About Market Access at MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) plays a key role in working with the primary industries to enable their success, and increase the value of our nation's exports. Our role is to investigate, maintain and secure new sanitary and phytosanitary market access, while developing the requirements and relationships that support trade with overseas countries.
About the role/s
The successful candidates will be responsible for bilateral sanitary and phytosanitary relationships with trading partners, and will deal with specific market access issues and manage stakeholder enquiries concerning market access. You will provide technical advice and support for the development, maintenance and review of market access requirements and assist in bilateral market access negotiations and technical discussions. The level of responsibility and leadership (Senior adviser/Specialist adviser or market access counsellor) will depend on your level of experience and skill.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in any of these roles you will need to have:
- A veterinary, food science technology, microbiology, plant health or similar science based degree.
- A passion for learning and the ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- A strong interest in economics, international trade rules and bilateral market access negotiations.
- Knowledge of New Zealand's primary industry sectors.
- Strong technical background and knowledge of New Zealand's food safety and/or biosecurity systems.
- Strong analytical and effective project management skills.
- Sound relationship management, written and verbal communication and presentational skills.
- Problem solving and self-starting skills.
- A trade background, smart and savvy, diplomatic, and skilled at negotiation.
How and why to apply
If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To view the position descriptions and apply for the role/s, please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Katrina Minx, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 831 4908 or email@example.com.
Applications close: 6th May 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.