Senior Technical Writer | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2019|
Does managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment come naturally to you? Are you results-focused and resourceful in your problem solving? Then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an outstanding Technical Writer who is dedicated and self-motivated and passionate about their work.
About the Role - Kōrero mō te tūranga
Verification Services (VS) is responsible for ensuring the safety and suitability of New Zealand food and animal products both for exports and the domestic market.
The Technical Writer's position is based within VS' technical team but will work across all areas of the business in support of the VS Quality System and communication strategy. The position is responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of improved systems and communication processes through high quality operational procedural and technical documentation and advice. There is a need to understand and ensure all VS systems are in compliance with the requirements of the VS accreditation to ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
You'll be able to combine your strong technical and analytical skills with your love of writing and editing. This is a great opportunity for you to further your career, showcase your talents, and help us decide on our strategic direction for knowledge sharing in the future.
You will be actively involved and working very closely alongside technical experts to create high quality documents for a range of audiences. You will also have experience in Information Management, along with an in-depth understanding of technical and business documentation processes and practices.
Skills & Experience - Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako
You will have a high technical aptitude/rapport and ability to:
- Ask revealing questions
- Be able to explain technical work without necessarily needing to understand every aspect of it
- Convey technical content in a clear, concise manner, using appropriate language targeted to a range of audiences.
- Understand and process technical information with ease.
You will have:
- Passion for your craft – writing will be an professional and vocational choice for you
- The ability to learn quickly
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
- Fantastic communication skills, spoken and written. Sharing information, ideas, and relating to your team mates and external parties is important.
- Attention to detail and a strong grasp of grammatical principles
- The drive to deliver first-rate documentation
- Initiative to respond to requests promptly and efficiently in what can be a fast-paced environment
- Driving innovation and having the ability to drive change and implement new ways of delivering documentation would be a plus.
If you are ready for your next challenge and are looking for a role in a positive, supportive team environment we want to hear from you. Apply Now!
How to Apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Sean.Hill@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close Sunday 25 August 2019
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.