Senior Analyst - Agriculture Reform | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior and Policy Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 323KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2019|
- Are you keen to work in a high profile work area that impacts on the prosperity of New Zealand?
- Do you want to be part of shaping legislative settings that will set our primary industries and food sectors up to succeed in the future?
- Are you smart, driven and looking for your next move in your Policy career?
About the team
The Agricultural Reform team sits within the Policy and Trade Branch of MPI. This newly formed team delivers on large legislative reforms that impact widely on the primary sectors. This includes modernising and expanding New Zealand's export system to better support our products to gain access to markets around the world, amending the legislative settings that ensure the efficiency of our dairy sector, and introducing new legislation to support farmers to manage farm debt.
The Ministry for Primary Industries works to safeguard New Zealanders' way of life well into the future. To ensure this, we have a vision for New Zealand to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products. New Zealand's reputation for producing exceptional, high-quality food and other primary products is fundamental to achieving this vision.
You will be joining an intellectually curious, high performing and collegial team that will challenge your thinking and support you to expand your policy skills. There will opportunities to coach and mentor other team members and build your leadership skills, and to connect across MPI to build a broad understanding of our systems.
About the role
We have opportunities for three high calibre senior policy analysts to join our team. The successful candidates will be working on large legislative change that will modernise New Zealand's export system and contribute to the efficiency of our dairy industry. You will also have opportunities to work on issues that support the performance and efficiency of our agricultural and horticultural sectors more broadly.
We are looking for people who:
- can apply critical thinking and analytical skills to challenge the status quo;
- can think strategically and use evidence to inform their work;
- will bring a ‘can do' attitude and take ownership of their work to deliver the best results;
- have strong interpersonal and influencing skills and can work collaboratively across MPI, across government and with external stakeholder groups; and
- have sound judgement, integrity and discretion.
- have demonstrated experience in delivering high quality advice to Ministers
- have experience in a policy/regulatory role and with legislative frameworks and processes;
If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will work with you to help you grow.
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Katrina Minx, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 831 4908 or email@example.com.
Applications close: 23rd August 2019
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.