Manager Skills, Training and Workplace Safety | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Manager Skills, Training & Workplace Safety.pdf (PDF, 214KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Sep-2019|
- New management position leading newly established team
- Elevate safety practices and skills capability and capacity across the Forestry sector
- Join us at the forefront of forestry
Influential leadership position where you can make a real difference partnering with the forestry sector.
About the Role│Kōrero mō te tūranga
As our Manager Skills, Training and Workplace Safety you will have a unique opportunity to influence and shape how we can grow capacity and capability in our forestry sector. You will collaborate with industry and Government Agencies in relation to the safety practices and skills capability and capacity across the Forestry sector and deliver the implementation of programmes to support the Workforce Action Plan.
Our Skills, Training and Workplace Safety team has been created to support growing a strong, stable and reliable labour market which enables safe and rewarding lifetime careers in forestry, one of our forestry goals. The team will work alongside Industry stakeholders to understand issues and identify barriers that impact on the sector's ability to build capability, capacity and safety. This partnering will identify opportunities to share insights and solve problems to implement change and improve performance across the forestry sector.
Core responsibilities for the role:
- Build relationships with key industry stakeholders and government agencies.
- Partner with the forestry industry to build capability, capacity and safety.
- Lead the Forestry Workforce Action Plan and deliver the implementation of initiatives.
- Provide leadership and management to the Skills, Training & Workforce Safety team.
Nurturing rich relationships to remove barriers, improve performance and bring about sectoral change requires innate curiosity, an in-depth understanding of learning and the drive for results.
To be successful in this role, you will offer:
- Previous experience in a business or a primary industry operational context/environment.
- Proven people management experience with demonstrated ability to lead, motive and develop people and achieve results through others.
- High level ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex programmes of work.
- Previous track record of successful management and business planning, with strategic capability, and the ability to maintain a clear focus on long term goals.
- Experience in working alongside education providers to understand best practice.
- Experience in consulting with and managing internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders, with demonstrated management success in engagement, collaboration, building relationships and gaining the support and participation of key individuals and groups.
- Understanding of the Health and Safety at Work act 2015.
This is an opportunity to work alongside the forestry sector of New Zealand and there will be travel required to achieve this. Preference is for this position to be based out of Rotorua, however we will accept applications from candidates based in Wellington.
About Te Uru Rākau
Forestry is one of our country's most successful primary industries. Te Uru Rākau a branch within the Ministry for Primary Industries, builds on this success to create a sustainable and innovative forestry sector that continues to grow and adapt. Join our dynamic and diverse Te Uru Rākau team who all share the common goal of improving the social, environmental and economic outcomes for New Zealand.
To find out more about Te Uru Rākau and what we do please click here.
Benefits of working at MPI│Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua
- Refurbished offices close to Railway Station
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Comprehensive one-week MPI Induction Programme
- Flexible working
Security checks│Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru
Security clearance to the level of CONFIDENTIAL is required for this position. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain this clearance. More information about security clearances can be found at http://www.mpi.govt.nz/about-mpi/careers/apply/security-clearance/]
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below!
How to Apply│Me pēhea te tuku tono
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Haidee.Wynands@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close 19 September
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.