Director, Government Health and Safety Lead | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - L3 Director GHSL.pdf (PDF, 670KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Aug-2019|
Director Government Health and Safety Lead – Permanent Full time position.
- Senior role leading Health and Safety across core Government Agencies
- Unique role dedicated to increasing performance, capability and maturity of Health and Safety across core Government Agencies
- Provide strategic direction and ensure GHSL delivers on its objectives
About the role and team:
The Director General of MPI, Ray Smith, is responsible for Government Health and Safety, this exciting across sector function now sits within MPI. This unique role, reporting to the Deputy Director-General Compliance and Governance, provides practical support to Chief Executives and Senior Leaders across 37 government agencies and is committed to increasing Health and Safety capability, building stronger cross sector relationships, developing systems resources and proactively sharing resources. In this role, you will lift capability, develop industry maturity and deliver the Government Health and Safety Lead Work Strategy.
You will be a senior leader with a proven track record of delivery, have experience working in a large, complex organisations, work collaboratively, have experience of influencing across the sector and managed teams to successfully deliver on strategy.
The following are key duties for the Director Government Health and Safety Lead:
- Lead the development and implementation of the GHSL strategy and work plan
- Collaborate with member agencies, stakeholders to gain input and feedback
- Proactively promote the sharing of information, expertise and ethic of working together to implement strategies
- Provide leadership and management to all staff within the function ensuring robust processes for communication, engagement, learning and development and performance management are implemented
- Negotiate contracts and manage the provision of third party services
- Manage all resources and outcomes within the GHSL team through the effective implementation of processes and procedures
Key skills and experiences required (but not limited to):
To be successful you will need to demonstrate a wide variety of skills and experience including excellent stakeholder management, people leadership and able to work in cooperative and collaborative style:
- Experience at senior management level with high level strategic capability and ability to maintain a clear focus on long term goals
- Significant experience in consulting with and managing internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in building relationships and gaining support from key individuals and groups
- Experience of leading a cross agency approach
- Experienced in people leadership, management, staff development and change
- High level of presentation, communication and influencing skills
How to Apply:
To view the position description and/or apply for the role, submitting a cover letter and current resume, please click “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Ruth Greening, Senior Recruitment Adviser Ruth.Greening@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close: Sunday 25th August 2019.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.