Team Manager, Response Capability | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Team Manager Response Capability PD.pdf (PDF, 378KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Aug-2019|
- Do you have exceptional influencing skills and a background in capability development?
- Are you looking for a unique and dynamic leadership opportunity?
- Advance your leadership skills in a dynamic environment with a high performing team.
Come and lead the newly formed Response Capability team within the Readiness and Response directorate at the Ministry for Primary Industries.
About the Role [Kōrero mō te tūranga]
- This is a multi-faceted team manager role, where you will apply your leadership skills. Key to this role people management, project and programme management, and collaboration with a broad range of internal stakeholders.
- You will lead the work programme of the response capability team and manage the delivery of a wide variety of activities.
- You'll have courage, initiative, be innovative and adaptable and will use these attributes to support the ongoing success and development of the team.
- This is dynamic, stimulating and often ambiguous environment where no two days are the same.
About You [Mōu]
Ideally you will have:
- Graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years management experience.
- Proven experience in developing positive relationships and influencing stakeholders across a large, complex business environment.
- Proven ability to use initiative and perform in an often ambiguous environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to adapt quickly to meet audience needs.
About the Team:
The Response Capability team is accountable for delivery of a comprehensive programme of work that includes a comprehensive response people capability development programme, response exercising and simulations, and response evaluations across the biosecurity, food safety, adverse events, animal welfare and trade response systems.
This team is part of the Readiness and Response Services Directorate within Biosecurity New Zealand. We bring together critical capability to prepare for and manage responses, and to co-ordinate recovery and long term management activities.
Benefits of working at MPI: [Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua]
- Brand new offices close to Railway Station
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Comprehension one-week MPI Induction Programme
Salary range for this role is $100k to $129k depending on skills and experience
How to Apply [Me pēhea te tuku tono]
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday 20 August 2019
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.