Incursion Investigator (Marine) | Wellington - Upper Hutt
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Incursion Investigator (Marine) PD.pdf (PDF, 215KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Aug-2019|
- An excellent opportunity to gain front line biosecurity experience
- Are you a team player with an ability to think outside the box?
- This is a Fixed Term or secondment opportunity until November 2020
The Aquatic and Environment Health Team (Biosecurity Surveillance and Incursion Investigation) is looking for an Incursion Investigator (Marine).
About the Role [Kōrero mō te tūranga]:
- You will join a multidisciplinary group of trusted specialists with varying backgrounds, who all share a passion for biosecurity and operational excellence.
- Receive and manage reports of suspect pests and diseases, ensure identification, and undertake risk assessments and prioritisation in accordance with procedures.
- On-call duty for responding to pest and disease notifications including afterhours/weekends as per the on-call roster.
- Ability to work under pressure according to tight time frames and changeable priorities.
- Plan and conduct investigations including risk assessment, options analysis, field activities and urgent measures to contain and control in accordance with procedures.
- Conduct investigation reporting, ensuring that information is accurate and timely.
About You [Mōu]:
- Experience in marine science, ecology, population dynamics and dispersal mechanisms for invasive species.
- Knowledge of biosecurity/pest and disease management (especially relating to marine ecology and/or aquatic animal diseases).
- Demonstrated project management skills, and the ability to plan, implement specific operations, and give clear instructions.
- Familiarity with aquaculture, or freshwater/marine production systems.
- You will have the ability to work under time and political pressure.
About MPI [Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua]:
Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has a strength of common purpose and a passion to sustainably grow and to protect Aotearoa, for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen. Our overall ambition is for New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. We're working towards sustainability, protection, growth and participation.
Salary range for this role is $71k to $92k depending on skills and experience.
How to Apply [Me pēhea te tuku tono]
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday 28th August 2019
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.