Senior Operations Adviser Performance | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Operations Advisor - Performance 2020.docx (Word, 62KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2021|
Senior Operations Adviser - Performance | Verification Services | New Zealand Food Safety
- We are taking our business to the next level.
- If you understand what drives strong business performance and you want to be part of our success and help drive it then this role could be just what you are looking for!
About our team - Mō tō mātou rōpū
New Zealand Food Safety – Verification Services (VS) core purpose is to deliver independent, cost effective and high-quality verification, certification, inspection and clearance programmes. Our people deliver a world-class and efficient service to a broad range of animal product industries and sectors and facilitate not only food safety, but biosecurity and international market access for animals and animal product exports.
Some of the services VS provide, include:
- Verification and certification services to ~2000 processing companies (for primary and secondary food producers, storage and transport), including slaughterhouses, meat and fish packhouses, cold storage facilities and other specialised premises processing animal products.
- Inspecting containment and transitional facilities to ensure they are meeting the relevant standards to keep New Zealand free of unwanted and new organisms.
- Inspection and certification of live animals for import and export.
About the role - Kōrero mō te tūranga
We want an experienced Business Performance Analyst who understands business performance drivers and can develop and manage a business performance framework that will enhance the quality of information used for our decision making.
This is a great opportunity to combine your communication, performance reporting, strategic analysis, relationship management and business planning & reporting skills in a role where you can add value and make a difference.
To be successful in this role you'll need to identify trends and be skilled in translating a broad variety of qualitive and quantitative data into meaningful and easily accessible information. The insights you provide to the leadership team will enhance our service delivery performance and support quality business outcomes.
You will be provided with broad exposure to overall operations including finance, systems, H&S, HR, cost recovery and productivity and be required to establish a clear understanding of our business initiatives and activities and build a strong rapport with senior stakeholders in order to proactively identify opportunities to improve business performance.
Skills and Experience - Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako
- Proficient in Power BI or similar business intelligence software.
- Experienced in the development of business performance indicators that accurately measure delivery against organisational objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to present complex information to a range of audiences.
- Excellent relationship management skills and demonstrated success in working across business groups in a collaborative manner.
- A background in finance and an understanding of the Primary sector would be an advantage.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact the Recruitment Adviser, Rosie Slevin for a confidential discussion on 04 819 4261 or email email@example.com
Applications for this role close on Sunday 28 February 2021
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.