Operations Adviser | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| VS Operations Adviser Nov 2021.docx (Word, 352KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Dec-2021|
Role type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary band: $66,111 to $89,445 per annum. Dependent on skills and experience of the successful applicant
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Working as Adviser Operations within Verification Services, your key role will be to ensure that our resourcing (staff and other resources) is coordinated efficiently and cost effectively. This is a role in which you will be important to the smooth running of a business that makes a significant contribution to the success of our primary sectors and their access to offshore markets. If you thrive on making a difference then this could be just the role you have been looking for.
You will take a lead role in resource modelling and ensure there are effective solutions for delivering services enabling the business to respond with value for money and prioritisation options. You will need to be flexible, and able to quickly shift your focus to deliver as priorities change through the course of a week and juggle the expectations of managers from different areas of the business.
- Engage with all staff and act as conduit for onboarding, training, planned leave requests and unplanned absences
- Provide advice and information on identifying, establishing and improving an appropriate and balanced suite of measures to support decision making and report on the performance of the MPI Verification Services at the national and functional levels
- Provide administrative support to the local management teams
- Undertake operational and business-related projects as directed by the National Operations & Performance Manager
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have relevant experience in a planning and support environment
- Knowledge of financial management
- Have a good level of analytical ability
- Experience in analysing issues and making business recommendations with financial impact
- Excellent written communications and verbal presentation skills
- Understand individual and collective employment agreements
- Ability to work under pressure, adhering to time constraints, in a dynamic environment
- Read people well and understand what motivates them
Ahurea - Culture
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all. We provide numerous training programmes and opportunities for people to continuously improve their skill sets and keep up to date with global best practices. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 5th December 2021
Please note: if you are applying for an internal secondment, please make sure that your manager is aware and supports your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.