Business Adviser | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Business Adviser - Performance Oversight & Approvals.docx (Word, 99KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Dec-2021|
Role type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary band: $66,111 to $89,445 per annum. Starting salary will be dependent on skills and experience of the successful applicant
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We have an exciting and challenging role in MPI's New Zealand Food Safety Business Unit. The Business Advisor role provides support to ensure all billing information is processed and accurate, financial data is interpreted and analysed, cost recovery reporting to industries is timely and accurate and assisting in the development of process improvement initiatives implementation and review of business and administrative processes. The role sits within the Business Oversight Team which is one of two functional teams sitting within our Planning, Oversight and Performance team.
You will be working within a team to deliver financial analysis services and you will have the opportunity to work on new and interesting projects.
Mōu - About You
You will enjoy working in a collaborative and forward-thinking way and can build strong relationships with a variety of people, be results focused, and be able to work in a fast moving, agile environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in accounting or finance or equivalent experience.
- The ability to think strategically and innovatively to drive change across the breadth of the organisation.
- Knowledge and experience in providing financial support and management
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent relationship management skills, with experience in building credible and effective working relationships with senior leaders, technical specialists, and peers.
- Excellent listening, written and communication skills, focusing on what the audience needs to know and supporting decision making.
About our Team | Mō tō mātou rōpū
The Planning, Oversight & Performance Team are a business unit shared service that plans, develops, measures, reports and improves the process and procedures across the system for New Zealand Food Safety and the wider Ministry. We ensure the activities of the business unit are clearly aligned to the Ministry's strategy and core delivery systems and provide thought leadership for the business.
Working closely with our colleagues across the Corporate Services and Compliance & Governance Branches, and having an internal MPI focus, you will be responsible for ensuring adequate and robust support is provided to the New Zealand Food Safety Business Units.
This role will provide the opportunity to practice existing skills and develop new ones as you work with a diverse range of topics. If you have enthusiasm, natural curiosity, and want to be part of a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities, then apply now.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare SchemesComprehensive 3-day MPI Induction Programme
- Parental leave ex-gratia paymentFree annual flu vaccination
- Bi-annual paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
To join a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities click on our link below.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To be considered for this permanent role with the Ministry, applicants must be immediately available for an interview within New Zealand and must hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident.
The closing date is 5th December 2021
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.