Biosecurity Support Officer | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Biosecurity_Support_Officer_PD (2).pdf (PDF, 272KB)
|Application Close Date:||03-Oct-2022|
Permanent Full Time
Location - Christchurch
Salary Range H-2: circa $56,710
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Working as part of a close-knit team, you will be responsible for providing Business Support to the Border Clearance Managers and frontline staff.
Some of your core day to day duties will involve the following:
- Data entry and administration
- Managing a team email inbox and responding to emails
- Travel Bookings
- Processing invoices and ordering goods
- Assisting with other Operational Support functions
Mōu - About You
We need you to be agile and adaptable, someone who thrives in a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment. Our ideal candidate is a team player who is strong on systems, processes, and relationships. We are looking for high level ability within the MS Suite and sound secretariat skills and experience. You will take pride in completing your work to a high level, providing input to improve, develop processes and want to become part of a supportive team, then you are just the type of person that our Support Team of the Intelligence & Biosecurity Support Services Directorate is looking to recruit.
- Knowledge of administration and business support systems and processes
- A drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience in every interaction
- Effective communication, questioning and listening skills
- Multitasking and prioritizing across multiple stakeholders
- A high level of organizational skills, the ability to deliver on time and solve problems as they arise.
- Clean criminal record
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk. The Biosecurity branch has a critical role in preventing harmful organisms crossing New Zealand's borders. It manages border and compliance activities as well as preparing for, and responding to, any biosecurity incursions that may occur. The branch also manages MPI's centralised intelligence, planning and co-ordination group which was established to manage food, biosecurity and animal welfare response consistently and effectively.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organization
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click "APPLY NOW" or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand- click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is Midnight, Monday 3 October 2022.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with Conrad Cheung at email@example.com who will point you in the right direction.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.