Advisor/Senior Advisor AMR Monitoring and Surveillance | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Adviser AMR Monitoring and Surveillance (002).docx (Word, 93KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Oct-2022|
Job Title: Advisor/Senior Advisor Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring and Surveillance
Role type: Permanent Full-time
Salary range: $92,073 to $$124,570 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We are excited to advise on the establishment of a new team focusing on the management of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) relating to the regulation of agricultural compounds and veterinary medicine.
This role will be responsible for contributing to the development, implementation, maintenance and reporting of monitoring and surveillance programmes relating to antimicrobial resistance in plants and animals.
Some of your core duties will involve the following:
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with relevant stakeholders, colleagues and other parts of MPI.
- Representing the AMR team at interdepartmental meetings, within industry groups and at public forums.
- Building and implementing documentation and reporting mechanisms for AMR monitoring and surveillance programmes.
- Aiding in the development and maintenance of databases and other tools required for AMR monitoring and surveillance programmes.
Mōu - About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A background in veterinary science, biomedical science or biological sciences.
- Experience with monitoring and surveillance programmes along with a team approach to problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of people.
- Strong planning skills with the ability to deliver on work priorities.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) partners with New Zealand's food and fibre sector to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional leave days
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday, 5 October 2022.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Nancy Nguyen on Nancy.Nguyen@mpi.govt.nz
Whāia ngā tuhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.