Quarantine Officer | Wellington City
|Category:||Biosecurity Frontline Staff|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Quarantine Officer - Quarantine Officer.pdf (PDF, 299KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2022|
Type of role: Permanent full-time
Salary range: $61,401 to $76,209
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Our Quarantine Officers are highly trained, every-day New Zealanders doing an extraordinary job for their country. We work with importers, industry, and airlines to ensure that cargo and passengers entering New Zealand are free of biosecurity risk.
A permanent full-time role opportunity exists to join our close-knit team of Quarantine Officers in Wellington. We are looking for people who work collaboratively and share our passion for maintaining an excellent standard of biosecurity in New Zealand!
Mōu - About You
We're looking for passionate, self-motivated and resilient people who enjoy a range of tasks and worksites.
To be successful in the role:
- You will need to be fit and healthy as you will be standing for periods of time, working indoors and outdoors will appeal to you
- You have the “want” to complete your work to a high standard, you'll have strong communication skills (oral and written), a commitment to customer service, delivering to stakeholders and a desire to work in a continuously changing environment
- You possess the ability to work on a shift roster basis, including nonstandard hours i.e., outside 6am to 6pm Monday to Sunday
- You will possess strong attention to detail and perform accurate data entry, as this is a critical component in this position
- You will hold a current full driver's licence
- An interest or qualification in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, botany, or environmental science would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the role MPI plays in protecting New Zealand's Biosecurity and the environment
- You must be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of New Zealand to apply for this role. Fluent English is a must with a second language being a bonus
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua – About MPI
Our role includes seizing export opportunities for our food and fibre sector, improving sector productivity, ensuring the food we produce is safe, increasing sustainable resource use, and protecting New Zealand from biological risk.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
The Border Clearance Services Directorate within the Biosecurity New Zealand branch is accountable for ensuring the delivery of sustainable and effective frontline biosecurity clearance services at the border for imported goods, craft, mail, passengers, crew and Transitional Facilities.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
• Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
• Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
• Wellness benefit for employees
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
The application process will include the completion of an online application, online questionnaire and uploading of your CV and cover letter, so please allow approximately 30 minutes to submit your application. If you are successful in progressing through to the assessment centre, which you will be required to attend for one day in October, you will also need to provide a copy of the Ishihara Eye Test at that stage– more information can be found on our website below.
If you are successful in being offered one of our fantastic positions, you will be required to undertake training that may be outside of Wellington for a period of time. Hours of work are on a rostered basis where you will be working shifts, which include nights, weekends, and unsociable hours.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligibl.e to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is Midnight Sunday 2 October 2022.
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.