Capital Accountant | Wellington City
|Category:||Accounting and Finance|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Capital Accountant PD.docx (Word, 122KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-Oct-2022|
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: $92,073 - $124,570 dependant on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
You will build trusted relationships and be the key point of contact for the capital programme as well as providing business and financial advice on capital and advice that assists in decision making.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Effective management of depreciation, capitalisation and balance sheet information including cash flow forecast
- Ensure the efficient preparation and accuracy of monthly project accounts, including forecasting and Fixed Assets (including capital work in progress), through the preparation/review of month end journals
- Provide advice to project teams & managers to enable them to effectively exercise their financial delegations and build increased financial awareness
- Identify and report financial risks
- Liaison for the annual audit and ensure the process is efficient and effective
Mōu - About you
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, attention to details, and willingness to learn. This is a perfect opportunity for a newly qualified chartered accountant (or working towards) where you can gain exposure in a wider finance role and develop your career. You will need the following skills and experience to be successful:
- Experience in developing and maintaining processes to ensure financial information is accurate and produced in a timely manner
- Knowledge of budgeting, performance monitoring and monthly reporting
- Excellent engagement and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships and effective networks across an organisation
- Support project analysis, costings, and ad-hoc requests on capital investment
- A team player and a self-starter who is results driven with a focus on continuous improvement
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori,
whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
We're passionate about growing prosperity in the sector while ensuring respect for Kaitiaki – guardianship of our natural resources.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand.
The successful applicant must be able to obtain the relevant security clearance. Please visit http://www.mpi.govt.nz/about-mpi/careers/apply/security-clearance for more information.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Natalie.Reid@mpi.govt.nz
The closing date is midnight Thursday 6 October
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.