Principal Adviser | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD 2023 Principal Adviser Strategy Governance FNZ.docx (Word, 99KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Feb-2023|
Job Title: Principal Adviser, Strategy and Governance, Fisheries
Role type: Permanent Full time
Location: Wellington City
Salary range: $128,247 to $173,511 depending on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
You will provide intellectual leadership and advice, and lead or support priority work programmes and strategic change initiatives. You'll be a trusted advisor to the Director Strategy and Governance, and part of the directorate leadership team. You'll work across all the directorate's work streams including:
- Strategy and system design
- Governance and performance
- Strategic engagement
- Sector support and innovation
As a Principal Advisor we expect you to:
- Lead work on a diverse range of complex issues and projects, providing effective analysis, advice and solutions
- Provide coaching and advice to colleagues to ensure their success
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities
- Drive the ongoing improvement of Fisheries New Zealand (FNZ)'s strategic frameworks, governance arrangements, systems and relationships
Mōu - About You
To join us you will need:
- A tertiary qualification and experience in a relevant discipline
- A strong track record of providing high-quality strategic advice which has delivered better business outcomes
- Excellent relationship management skills and advanced written and verbal communication skills to engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A history of leading complex projects and programmes of work to successful delivery at pace
Mō tō mātou rRōpū - About the Team
The Strategy and Governance Directorate works with the Fisheries New Zealand leadership team and across the business unit to ensure we have the strategies, relationships, structures and processes needed to achieve our business goals. We advise the Deputy Director-General and Senior Leadership Team on FNZ's performance, governance, and lead initiatives to develop the culture and capabilities that FNZ needs to deliver its strategy
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk.
Fisheries New Zealand (Tini a Tangaroa) is a business unit of MPI and works to ensure that fisheries resources are managed to provide the greatest overall benefit to New Zealanders. Our focus is the sustainability of New Zealand's wild fish stocks, aquaculture, and the wider aquatic environment, now and for future generations.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Additional MPI leave days
- Ability to purchase extra annual leave
- Annual Wellness payment
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes, and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on 8th Feb 2023
If you have any questions about the role, please email Deepti.firstname.lastname@example.org
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here