Senior Adviser Risk Management | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Adviser Risk Management PD.pdf (PDF, 201KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Feb-2023|
Role type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $92,073 - $124,570 per annum, dependant on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
As a Senior Adviser Risk Management, you will provide advice and support across the organisation in identifying, reporting, and mitigating organisational risks. You will provide assurance on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the risk management framework and associated controls over MPI's systems, governance, and performance, together with providing monitoring and evaluation expertise.
In this role, you would have the opportunity to:
- Take a lead in our vision of Assure, Advise, and Anticipate with regard to risk management
- Ensure the Ministry has a consistent approach to the identification and management of risk, and contribute to the development and maintenance of the risk management framework
- Assist front-line staff to identify, evaluate, and manage risks, providing an internal control framework and undertaking monitoring and testing
- Support a culture of integrity within MPI, by identifying potential instances of fraud and theft, and other matters that adversely impact integrity and conduct
- Collaboratively compile regular reporting to ensure SLT is informed of organisational risks and mitigation strategies
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role, you'll ideally have significant experience in risk identification and management in a large and complex organisation.
In addition to the above, we are seeking an applicant with:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 5 years plus experience in risk management and risk identification
- Ability to facilitate effective presentations and workshops
- Project management skills, including experience in leading projects and achieving effective outcomes in situations with diverse interests
- Knowledge and practical application of strategic and business planning processes
- Strong track record in managing relationships and consultation with an assortment of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in analysing technical issues and making business decisions with financial impact
You do not need to meet all of the role requirements to apply. We offer a breadth of development and learning opportunities and will welcome an application if you think you could make a great fit.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
The Senior Adviser Risk Management role sits within the Corporate Services business unit within MPI and will report to the highly experienced Manager Risk Management. This business unit is responsible for creating and supporting a high Risk Management culture across MPI and the Senior Advisers Risk Management are an integral part of this.
The Risk Management team is made up of a Manager Risk Management and four Senior Advisers.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) partners with New Zealand's food and fibre sector to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 08 February 2023
If you have any questions about the role, please email George.Petherick@mpi.govt.nz
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here