National Manager Food Compliance Services | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| National Manager Food Compliance Services JD 20022023.docx (Word, 76KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Jun-2023|
National Manager Food Compliance Services
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
As the National Manager of Food Compliance Services, you will be responsible for a nation-wide team delivering compliance and enforcement services to food businesses across New Zealand. You will use your previous experience running compliance and enforcement (including prosecution decision making) functions to contribute to New Zealand Food Safety (NZFS) and MPI achieving its vision of safe and healthy food across food and all other legislation administered by NZFS. You will provide effective leadership and management of compliance and enforcement services relating to food safety and suitability.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide effective leadership of the food sector compliance and enforcement service delivery functions
- Develop and implement compliance and enforcement strategies and plans, ensuring that these enable effective and efficient use of resources
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, both domestic and international
- Support the Director of Food Compliance & Response in promoting and leading the delivery of NZFS strategic compliance and enforcement outcomes
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have proven experience providing leadership of compliance and enforcement functions, management of a large and/or geographically distributed team in a large and complex organisation, as well as an excellent understanding of compliance and enforcement services and the complexity of prosecution decision making.
In addition to the above, we are seeking an applicant with:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in food science, environmental/public health or relevant science discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Notable experience leading the effective delivery of compliance and enforcement services, using appropriate intervention practices and in line with organisational procedures
- Proven experience providing decisive and authoritative leadership in prosecution decision making, made in accordance with the Solicitor General's Prosecution Guidelines and Policies
- Significant experience in leading strategic foresight and risk management, and experience in gathering, managing, and presenting information to a range of different audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to develop strategies and plans to ensure services are delivered to agreed timeframes and in accordance with legislative frameworks
You do not need to meet all of the role requirements to apply. We offer a breadth of development and learning opportunities and will welcome an application if you think you could make a great fit.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
New Zealand Food Safety (NZFS) is a branded business unit within the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). The work we do as NZFS, and through our leadership of the wider food safety system, strongly contributes to our country's public health, economic, and wellbeing outcomes. Historic and recent food incident responses and new and emerging food safety risks have highlighted the increase of risks and threats to the food safety system which continue to evolve in complexity, incidence, and severity.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
We're a large organisation with massive scope from the frontline to policy development and beyond.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Annual Wellness payment
- Bi-annual paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Mentoring and coaching programmes
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in NZ for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-check tool.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Monday 5 June 2023.
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Links to Facebook, MPI Careers, LinkedIn, Twitter