Manager Service Delivery | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - BTIS L4 Manager Service Delivery March 2023 (SFIA 8).pdf (PDF, 250KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Mar-2023|
Role type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary mid-point: $176,809, negotiable based on skills and experience
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
As the Manager of Service Delivery, you are part of the Business Technology & Information Services (BT&IS) Directorate who have accountability for the operational management and delivery of digital in MPI. The Manager Service Delivery is responsible for ensuring that the core ICT infrastructure services that support our people and systems are delivered to a high quality, enabling MPI to delivery its services to the Primary Sector. This includes leading, developing and implementing strategies for sourcing ICT services and managing relationships with internal and external service providers.
As the leader of the Service Delivery team, the role is expected to be:
- Responsible for the management and on-going operation and development of the ICT Infrastructure, in line with MPI's Enterprise Architecture. These are mostly delivered using an As a Service model, and extend to core network, telecommunications, Managed Security, Device management (laptop and mobile),software licensing, and IT Managed Services (Service Aggregations) functions.
- Holistic and proactive management of the contracts and vendor partnerships that are in place.
- Instil an environment of innovation and continuous improvement by ensuring a team and vendor partner focus on on-going process and service improvements as well as maintaining awareness of new technology solutions and developing team capability to deliver.
- Responsible for the active management of both cost centre and vendor financial performance.
- Liaise closely with the Procurement Team to ensure compliance and alignment with MPI and Government procurement policies to provide core ICT services to MPI
- Provide leadership and management to all staff within the function by ensuring that robust processes for communication, performance management and learning and development are effectively implemented.
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role, you'll ideally have significant proven experience managing a service delivery or equivalent function in a large and complex organisation.
In addition to the above, we are seeking an applicant with:
- Significant demonstrated experience in leading core infrastructural services teams for corporate or government organisations
- Expertise demonstrated experience in vendor management in relation to service delivery, preferably within an information management environment
- Expertise and experience in the development of tactical and strategic sourcing plans
- Strong relationship management experience at a senior level with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in managing contracts and relationships with external providers and suppliers
- Proven ability to maximise benefits and minimise risks in medium to longer term arrangements with outsourced providers
- Managing staff; administrative, financial and personnel systems and processes; and in developing and implementing support systems within government organisations
- Experience in staff management and development
- Management skills, including experience in leading teams and achieving effective outcomes in situations where there are diverse interests
- Knowledge of strategic and business planning processes
- Sound understanding of Information Services service delivery models
- Demonstrated experience in analysing technical issues and making business decisions with financial impact
You do not need to meet all of the role requirements to apply. We offer a breadth of development and learning opportunities and will welcome an application if you think you could make a great fit.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
The role of Business Technology & Information Services (BT&IS) is to enable business technology solutions and deliver high quality, cost effective information & technology services to ministry staff and external stakeholders. There are currently 120 staff plus vendor partners within BT&IS who deliver infrastructure, information management, business applications, architecture, project delivery, and data and analytical services.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) partners with New Zealand's food and fibre sector to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru - Security checks
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in NZ for at least the last ten (10) years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last ten (10) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
- click here to find out more about the national security vetting process and access the eligibility self-check tool.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whanau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Friday 24 March 2023.
If you have any questions about the role, please email George.Petherick@mpi.govt.nz
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Links to Facebook, MPI Careers, LinkedIn, Twitter