Senior Coordinator Māori Capability | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Coordinator Maori Capability.pdf (PDF, 235KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2023|
Role type: Permanent
Salary range: $82,817 - $ 110,634 depending on skills and experience
Ma tau rourou, ma taku rourou, ka ora te iwi (with your contribution and my contribution the people will prosper)
The Māori Agribusiness (MAB) directorate within Agriculture & Investment Services are looking for a Senior Coordinator to join the team.
Kōrero mō te Tūranga - About the Role
As a Senior Coordinator Māori Capability, you will play an important role leading and managing the coordination and administrative support to the Māori Agribusiness directorate which will ensure they are able to achieve key deliverables across work programmes.
In this role you will be working across MPI, government, industry and farmers and growers so your ability to foster relationships and support key staff will be important to succeed in this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in delivering programme logistics, planning, budget, stakeholder engagement and event management;
- Event coordination including MPI involvement with the Ahuwhenua Trophy farming competition, Māori Agribusiness road shows, forums and hui
- Process invoice payments, obtain purchase order and contract numbers, liaise with the procurement and finance teams;
- Day-to-day support to the team including mailbox and calendar management, taking minutes for meetings and leading other administrative tasks.
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience as a coordinator or event coordination management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Tikanga Māori
- Relationship management skills and experience engaging with Māori landowners and businesses
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise use of time, and manage work flows
- A high level of attention to detail with the ability to see the “big picture”
- Previous basic finance experience is a plus, but not essential.
- Experience in working in a New Zealand Government agency (central, regional or other) would be an advantage.
Mō tō mātou Rōpū - About the Team
Māori Agribusiness is driven to support Māori landowners and agribusinesses achieve their aspirations. We are confident in our relationships with Māori and actively support by Māori, for Māori approaches.
We have staff who work regionally to help Māori landowners and agribusinesses access funds, information and expertise to achieve their aspirations. We have recently received new funding to expand our services and are growing to meet demand. We are a proactive and highly committed team.
Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua - About MPI
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) partners with New Zealand's food and fibre sector to be the world's most sustainable provider of high-value food and primary products. We're passionate about growing prosperity in the sector while ensuring respect for Kaitiaki – guardianship of our natural resources.
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua - Benefits of working at MPI
- Additional MPI leave days
- Annual Wellness payment
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
We support flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss these options with you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi whaitake? - Are you ready to make a difference?
We are committed to being a good partner under Te Tiriti o Waitangi which includes working closely with iwi, hapū, whānau and hāpori.
We aspire to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to making Manatū Ahu Matua Ministry for Primary Industries a great place to work for all.
In your cover letter we'd like to know about you, your values, your whakapapa; your interest and motivations for this role; the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation, which may have also been gained outside of the workforce.
To view the position description and/or apply online, please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. To apply, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
Applications close at midnight on Monday 29th May 2023
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
Whāia ngā tūhononga ki MPI i konei – Follow MPI here
Links to Facebook, MPI Careers, LinkedIn, Twitter